Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Book Review (The Colour of Magic), and website update.

The short part first. I've prettyfied my craptastic website. It's here. I'm working on a stylesheet that mimics the CSS of this blog. I don't know about you folks, but I love being able to choose style sheets when I arrive at a website. Maybe just because it's something you can do in FF, but not IE.

Oh, and this one's for you, UC. You can now post comments w/o registering. Wimp.

Just finished Terry Pratchett's The Colour of Magic, his first book in the 'Discworld' universe. (Yes, we're talking about nerdy sci-fi/fantasy here.) I don't think these books are going to ever earn a Pulitzer prize, but they're fun, and utterly random in a way that no other genre of books would allow for. I call these books 'popcorn reads:' they're light and easy to gobble down. I intend to read most of these, so these reviews will be shorter--more of synapsis than a review:

Main characters: Rincewind and Twoflower (and his Luggage).
Plot: Rincewind, a failed wizard, is forced to act as 'tour guide' for Twoflower. This book seems like a diet version of The Odyssey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home